This War Department’s order of 5 December 1946 reflects the postwar buildup of the air units of the National Guard via unit reconstitution, unit redesignation and original unit constitution. It authorized the redesignated units to retain their history and battle honors earned in prior service. This action to augment the National Guard was a major initiative in the creation of an improved air reserve component capability after World War II, and affected most if not all National Guard air units across the country. (142FW History Archives)
No camera details available.
This photograph is considered public domain and has been cleared for release.
If you would like to republish please give the photographer appropriate credit.
Further, any commercial or non-commercial use of this photograph or any other
DoD image must be made in compliance with guidance found at
which pertains to intellectual property restrictions (e.g., copyright and
trademark, including the use of official emblems, insignia, names and slogans), warnings
regarding use of images of identifiable personnel, appearance of endorsement, and related matters.